We’re delighted to announce that we’ve WON the award for Environmental Business of the Year at The Bath Chronicle Business Awards.Park Lane Press has had in place an environmental management system since 2002. The award went to the which has shown outstanding commitment to manage the environmental impact of its business or has developed its own business in the field of managing the environmental impact of other businesses or the wider community.
Our entry this year recognised the following changes we’ve implemented this year:-
• The installation of an LED lighting system throughout the factory and offices.
• The saving on the use of paper in the make-ready of the printing presses by reducing the overs.
• The purchase of large quantities of paper directly from the mill instead of through merchants therefore reducing the transportation of the goods and merchants handling costs.
The green measures we already had in place include:-
• Environmental accreditation’s EMAS and ISO 14001 & 9001.
• Harvesting waste water from our plate processor in order to flush the toilets.
• All the electric used within the business is generated from renewable sources.
• Our inks are vegetable based.
• 97% of our waste is recycled.
• Power optimisation unit, maintaining a constant voltage to the machinery.
• Paper usage recycled or FSC accredited as a minimum.
These accomplishments take the continued efforts of all our staff, and the awards reflect their commitment to the environment.
The Bath Chronicle Business Awards celebrate business success across the city and surrounding areas. The awards are now in their 6th year and have seen a wide range of businesses winning awards in that time. We’re very pleased and proud to have been chosen for this award.